Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wait For The Lord

WELCOME TO WFW!




The purpose of Word filled Wednesday is to share God’s word through photos & verse (no famous quotes or literature). If You’d like to join Word Filled Wednesday, simply click on WFW and follow the instructions.

The home of WFW is at Amy's 160 Acre Woods.
 
I'm an amateur at this, but there are many other participants of WFW that create AH-MAZING depictions of God's word! Please leave me a comment (I love feedback!) then visit the other WFW blogs while you're at it too!




I don't know about you, but "wait" is not a word in my vocabulary! Neither are; pause, rest, delay, stand by, or hold everything!!!!! Are you kidding me? I don't have the TIME or the PATIENCE for any of those things! Yet, the Lord instructs me to WAIT for him.


"Lord, come on. Give me a break! You know I'm not good at this stuff! Why not ask me to "go, go, go" or "move it, move it, move it!" That's what I know! That's what I'm use to! That is my life! Yet, instead, I've hit a ROAD BLOCK and all you can say is, "WAIT for me? UGH!" 

As I studied this verse closer, I found that "wait for" focuses on the sense of expectation one has. When one "waits on the Lord," a person is dependent upon that person or something that the person will do.
"Lord you want me to be dependent upon you? That would mean trusting in you.. completely... I do that already Lord, well.....for the most part. I believe in you too so there has to be more."

And indeed there is. When we "wait for" the Lord, we find ourselves looking to Him for some specific need. We are expecting him to help us out with that special need. We do not have CONTROL over the circumstances. We give him EVERYTHING!

"But...but, Lord? That would mean opening myself up and giving you complete control of my life. That scares me Lord! What if I don't like the outcome or what if I get hurt in the process or what if......." and then the words of the Lord fall upon me like a glistening star falling from the sky...

"I am the Lord your God. I always have your best interest at heart lil' one. Be strong and take heart and wait for me!"

Calmness and peace envelop me as I not only hear but feel the Lord's love for me! Now, I press on, as I "wait for" (isn't that an oxymoron?) God in any and all roadblocks of life! For I know that it is not only biblical, but a necessary part of the Christian life. It is an active display of faith in God during impossible situations!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Penny,

I really really enjoyed this. You did a great job.

Welcome to WFW!!

So glad you joined us today♥

ozjane said...

I love that one.
I always try to use Red lights as God's pause times for prayer...even if it is a prayer for the people in the car next to me.
Your image gives me that same sense of pause having a reason.

ozjane said...

I also love the verse in Isaiah that says
Therefore will the Lord wait that he may be gracious to you......KJV where my memory is..
He waits to bless us...wow.

Angela said...

I didn't know you were blogging again. Welcome back!

Wait...I've learned to wait more as each year passes, but I still stink at it.