Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Thursday 13!!!

Thursday 13 is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it. So here it goes....... my first ever Thursday 13 (with only an hour left before it's Friday...ha!)

 

My youngest has a middle school dance tomorrow night. Thus, my theme: Middle School Dances....ugh!

1. No one wants to be the first one at the dance, yet the dance would never start if SOMEONE didn't show up first!

2. The boys, for the most part, are still bunched up on one side of the room like a herd of cows waiting on a storm to pass.

3. The girls on the other hand, are either on the dance floor shaking their tail feathers or gathered in a swarm chatting away.

4. Slow songs at a middle school dance? Are they really necessary? (This of course coming from a mother of a 12 year old son who is sure he doesn't need to be dancing with any other females than his mama! )

5. The girls bathroom.....still the place to run and cry when "Mr. Wonderful" asks your best friend to dance and not you.

6. The classic middle school dance form hasn’t changed at all, with the girl’s hands on the boy’s shoulders, and his hands around her waist. The couple then steps side to side or around in circles, usually out of time to the song. O how I wish this would last in the years soon to come!

7. What to wear to a middle school dance? How about what NOT to wear? 

8. Food... a must at every middle school function!

9. Please tell me that's not a TEACHER I see out there!!??!?! 

10. I thought MUSIC was suppose to be played at dances... what is this stuff they're playing now-a-days????

11. Bouncers at a middle school dance? Are you kidding me?

12. No other night brings out so much of the "He said" "She said" as a night on the dance floor.

13. It wouldn't be a dance without "Y.M.C.A." although I still prefer "The Bird" by the Time Machine. Think I'll stop there. Good thing I hit 13!

Want to see more Thursday 13??? Check 'em out!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was great. Recalling dances is mildly mortifying.