Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Going...going..gone!!!

I did it! I turned pink for October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Keep an eye on my blog through out the month for special Breast Cancer Awareness blogs,tributes and PINK awareness activities.

Today my blog is dedicated to all the special women in my life. My grandmother, Ruby Louise, who was a breast cancer survivor and was fortunate enough to live to the ripe old age of 94. I miss you Grandma. You'll always be in my heart. My mother, whom I am truly blessed to still have with me. She is an unbelievable lady and continues to inspire me with each passing day! Love ya mama. My three older (He!He!He!) sisters; Paula, Pam, and Patti. Thank you for always being there with open arms. My nieces, Kristina, Terri Dawn, Cassa Lynn, and Brianna. I am proud of each one of you in so many ways! You're the sparkle in my eye and the laughter in my soul. My niece by marriage, Mattisa, thank you for making my nephew the happiest man on earth. I can not love you enough for that. My great nieces, Kierah and Ainsley, I can't wait to see the beautiful young ladies you will blossom into. Enjoy your youth while you can and always remember I love you! My sister-in-law, Cheryl, who has "been there, done that" through it all with me. Love ya! My mother-in-law, Barbara, thank you for the gift of your son, the love of my life and daddy to my boys. My Grandma-in-laws, Gee-gee and Boom-Boom, thank you for all the love, support, and prayers. You two are jewels. To all my cousins and aunts, as George Burns said, "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city!" Ha! Seriously, here's to fun times, late nights, and laughing until we cried! To my few special friends; you are the salt and pepper of my life, the butter on my bread, the bounce in my step, the...what I'm trying to say is, thank you for your unconditional love and support, putting up with my "moods," and making me a priority in your life. To all the church ladies, teachers, and other women I know and love in Oswego and elsewhere, "cheers!" Lastly, to my new found friends on twittermoms and other social networks, I look forward to building lasting relationships with you as well! I've created a special "glog" on Glogster that I am having trouble embedding in my blog. Please click here and see my first of many tributes to some of the women in my life.

You can show your support and awareness too! Go PINK on your blog or website, post ribbons, buttons, or blog about Breast Cancer Awareness. Another way to help raise funds and awareness is to participate in the Annual Virtual Walk with Design-her-Gals. Here is the information:

Join the 2nd Annual Virtual Walk - Raising Funds for Stage IV Breast Cancer Patients! Go to www.galtogalwalk.org to register and join thousands of Walkers supporting Stage IV breast cancer. Check the Walk every day to see your Walker in a new city. Design YOUR Gal and watch her walk with her favorite celebrities and friends!

I designed my gal and entered the walk over the wkend. Come join my team, "The Terrific Tata Tour!" It's for a good cause, not to mention virtually fun! Go to the link above, click on "Search For Friends." It will ask you to either search by name, city, or team name. Enter the info and my Gal will pop up to greet you! Remember, together we can all make a difference!

1 comment:

Lori said...

This was beautiful tribute and I love all the pink.

Tip: I have found if I got a pink phone, (YES) I have a pink fishing pole, and pink everything else the boys LEAVE it alone. I am on the search for some pink water boots (when I go fishing).

Hugs. I am so glad we connected.