Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

All In A Name...

So, my parents had this crazy idea to name me "Penny." No there is not an "e" before "y" like the department store and unfortunately I can't even say I was named after anyone...well, except for maybe a "Soap Opera Star!" Now, THAT is something to be proud of! According to the "Official Baby Name Book,"

"Penny" is a diminutive form of "Penelope"
The meaning of the name Penny is: "With A Web Over Her Face."

You have to stop and wonder, was I THAT ugly?? I mean, seriously, who would've named their child, "Penny" after knowing that? (I guess we know the answer to that one.) However, I was still curious so did a little researching for myself. Did you know...

"Name Analysis" is a very accurate, specific, ancient, scientific system that can be traced back over 6,000 years when it was used solely the by the royal families of China, the Hebrew countries and Egypt. Royalty wanted to ensure their babies were given positive names that would benefit them through out their life. That's right, your name predestined you to either a full, pleasing life OR a rotten, no-good, horrible, very bad life! (Guess I should've thrown in the towel years ago!)

This idea kept surfacing through out much of my research. "Names and Personality-the idea that names can affect the way people behave and how they feel about themselves. The most important aspect of personality affected by names is self-concept." (Keep reading, it gets better!!!) The article continued with, "It may well be that peculiar names, which are likely to cause other children to poke fun, are actually unconscious messages from the parents that the children are peculiar and deserving of ridicule! Ha! Ha! Ha! Deserving... ha... of ridicule..ha!

It's all my parents fault! Everything "bad" that has happened in my life and the way I feel about myself is ALL because my parents gave me the name, PENNY! They had me so they could ridicule me! Of course, it's all coming together now! Why didn't I think of that? I mean, it couldn't be that I set my own path to destruction during my teen years... or now that I am an adult I am responsible for my own actions. NO! It's all because of my name!
Case solved!

__________TIME PASSING________________TIME STILL PASSING______________

Are you kidding me?????? Yea, ok.. so.. welcome to my blog... the blog of a very insecure, peculiar, mental person, whose name is "Penny."




2 comments:

Angela said...

Funny! I agree--let's all blame our parents, but it has to stop with our generation. Our kids are on their own.

My name means something about "angelic." Ha. Hahahahahaha!

Vikki said...

hiya Penny :) thanks for posting in the CWO facebook mini blog roll!

I'm insecure and mental too, I look forward to reading more of your posts :)