Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday #3

For "Thankful Thursday" this week I am honoring none other than the love of my life, my husband, Mark. He is my knight in shining armor! We went to junior high and high school together, but didn't start dating until April of our Senior year. Looking back, I never dreamed he was the one God was preparing for me. We were and still are complete opposites, oil and water. He was a country boy and I was a city girl; he was quiet and kept to himself and I was loud and boisterous; he was spontaneous and I was a planner; he was smart...VERY smart and I was "average;" he liked to kill animals (hunting) and I wanted to keep them all as pets! Needless to say, our differences were part of the reason I fell in love with him. (Not to mention his teddy bear brown eyes and heart melting smile!)

However, Mark isn't only a remarkable husband, but a top-notch father full of compassion, love, and dedication for our children. He is more patient with our boys than I could ever hope to be. By watching their father, our boys have learned to persevere, take risks, be gentlemen, and respect their elders. I thank God for giving me a man with these qualities and one who respects the gift of life itself.




I love you sweets! Thank you for putting up with me and loving me until the end.

No comments: