Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Meditations Part II

Welcome back! I've been "meditating" on my goals, dreams, aspirations, desires, and hopes for 2009 and wanted to share with each of you.

As previously stated, in my original "New Year's Meditations," Lori's Reflections inspired me to start my "New Year's" journey. However, along the way there were other blogs, which spoke to my heart, "It's All About Him" was one of these. So much of what I was feeling and thinking was written through out. When reading this blog, the Lord laid on my heart, "purpose" or the lack of it in my life and living INTENTIONALLY. Webster defines intention as: a determination to act in a certain way; a synonym of intention is purpose."
As Tricia stated, I too, want to live intentionally. Many days over the past year, I've merely survived, because I "had" to. "I went through the motions, and did what I had to do to "get through" the day." Then, at the end of the day, there was an emptiness I longed to fill. So, my list begins...
  1. Live with purpose! Each decision I make, every step I take will be INTENTIONAL! My desire is to focus solely on my relationship with the Lord and my family, while not letting the "little things" or "trivial" things come in between these relationships. In order to accomplish this, I will need to
*trust and accept that my "needs" might not be the same as God's needs for my life (Proverbs 3:5)
*take the focus off my needs and be open to the needs of my husband's and children (Romans 12:8)
*lose the want to control and be a submissive wife to my husband (I Peter 3:1)
*loose control, let go and let God! (John 14:1)
*become self-less in ALL things EVERY day, not just when it's good for me (Phillipians 2:3)
*be slow to anger (Ephesians 4:26)
*focus on my inner beauty, by obtaining a gentle and quiet spirit (I Peter 3:4)
*intentionally take care of myself better by exercising and eating healthier (I Corinthians 6:19)
*live with the end in mind (Phillipians 3:14)

2. Another thing pulling at my heart strings is the desire to serve others. I've always had a heart for helping those in need, but it wasn't until recently that I felt a strong and passionate urge to "somehow" become actively involved in reaching out and serving others. I don't know why I feel this way, except that the need is great! I ask for God's guidance in this and that my eyes will be open to His will. (I Peter 4:10)

The following are a few scattered thoughts.. a lil' that... a lil' this, which need sorting, but that I wanted to go ahead and share with you.

*My oldest son will be ending his sophomore year and beginning his junior year. I ask for God's direction and wisdom for the time we have left with him and that it will be used wisely, be meaningful, and cherished forever.

*My middle son will be starting high school. Ugh! I am concerned about him for several reasons, one being his diabetes and celiac disease. I ask for the Lord's help in letting him go and trusting everything will be "okay."

*My baby son (he would not like that.. hehehehe) will be starting middle school. He is a fragile boy and I worry about his self-esteem and happiness. I ask for God's guidance in helping him the best way possible and to be the kind of mom he wants me to be.

*I quit my teaching job after 10 years, May of 2008. Although it has been the best thing for my family, financially it has taken a toll on us. Do I go back to full-time teaching or do I stay at home? What and where should I be Lord?

*I am unsure what direction my blog should go this year. As a "baby" blogger (began September 2008), I didn't realize all that was involved, how addicting it could be, or how much enjoyment I would get from blogging. I am blessed with many new friends from all over the world and I am thankfu for each one of them. Lord, where do I go from here? I don't want to ramble on unless there is a purpose invovled. Please open my heart and eyes to your will.

I have no idea what 2009 holds for me, my family, or friends, but I do know that my awesome God is in control and watching over each one of us as a shepherd tends to his flock. (John 10:14)
I encourage you to take a look at Lori's Reflections and the other 38 bloggers who joined this challenge. I hope you will join my on my journey in 2009. Feel free to link back to my site and let me know about your dreams, aspirations, prayers, and hopes for the new year. I appreciate you reading my post.

For Him,


No comments: