Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

H.O.P.E.

Hope, defined as;

...a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances one's life.
... the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.
...a wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment.

Hope in Afrikanns is hoop

Hope in Dutch is hopen
Hope in Finnish is toivoa
Hope in German is hoffe, Hoffnung, Hoffnung, hoffen, hoffen
Hope in Italian is sperare, speranza
Hope in Latin is spero, spes
Hope in Spanish is esperanza
No matter how you say it, it's still H.O.P.E.

  • Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. Dale Carnegie
  • Hope is passion for what is possible. Soren Kierkegaard
  • Don't lose hope. When it gets darkest the starts come out. Unknown
  • It is difficult to say what is impossilble, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow. Robert H. Goddard
  • Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tunes without the words and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.
Psalms 31:24


Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12


But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. Romans 8:25


Hope, without it, what is there?


3 comments:

Angela said...

Good quotes--great reminders. Hebrews 11:1 comes to mind...but I guess that's more about faith than hope, huh?

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Love this hope-filled post! I also am encouraged by your passion for this cause. I don't have a child suffering from this, but I can only imagine how much of a struggle it must be.

I hope you are enjoying a merry and peaceful holiday season!

Sincerely,

jyl

Unknown said...

I wanted to take the time to thank you for being a regular visitor on my blog. I saw that you added me to your "followers" list...and I just want you to know how honored and grateful that our paths have crossed in this way, and that I count it a privilege that you visit me. God Bless you! I will be visiting you often, now that we are friends!