Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Two Shall Become One Tuesday's

Last week, was a bit rough with my Master classes starting back up for the semester. I wasn't able to do a full post for Two Shall Become One Tuesday's The beginning of this week has also been rough, not to mention stressful....

Monday afternoon, as the ice began pelting the Midwest, my phone rang. "Hello?" {{pause}} "Penny, what do you have going on for the next...oh...four or five hours?" the broken-up voice said on the other end. "Um...why mom?" I immediately and suspiciously responded. Faintly and with a voice full of tears she continued, "Could you take me to the hospital? I'm having severe chest discomfort and my doctor is insisting I go straight to the hospital. I've tried to get a hold of your dad, but he isn't answering his phone." Since the doctor merely suggested she be taken by ambulance, instead of insisting on it, she chose to call me instead (and for those of you that know my mom, that shouldn't surprise you!) I immediately began scurrying around the house throwing a few "can't do without" items into a bag, jumped in the car, and headed to pick her up. By the time I arrived, my dad was back home (he had been gone on church business) and ready to go as well. The nearest facility with a cardiologist on staff was some 56 miles away so we headed out, as quick as the weather would allow. After two and half hours of driving through sleet, freezing rain, a burnt out headlight and a windshield wiper gone crazy, we safely made it to Bartlesville where she was admitted to Jane Phillip's Medical Center.

The recliner beside her hospital bed is where I am writing from now. It's in the middle of the night and she is resting as peaceful as one can being hooked up to a million different machines and lying in a bed covered with plastic. Since being admitted, she has endured over 15 sticks and pokes (her veins were playing hide-and-seek from the Phlebotomist upon arrival), a Nuclear (Thallium) stress test, and a Cardiac Catheterization. I am ecstatic to report that the grass seems a bit greener now that she is on the "recovery" side of things.

What does this have to do with "Two Shall Become One T
uesday's?" If it weren't for my supportive and loving husband who was willing to take care of our boys and everything at home, I would not be able to be by my mother's side now.

Thank you sweets! You are truly THE best! And thank you Jesus for taking care of my mother, my family while I've been gone, and giving me the best husband I wife could ever hope for.

"He stands tall, like a cedar,
strong and deep-rooted,
A rugged mountain of a man,
aromatic with wood and stone.
His words are kisses, his kisses words"
Song of Solomon 5:15-16

2 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a wonderful tribute! I pray your mother recovers quickly.

Angela said...

How's your mom?

What a guy!

But what grabbed and held my attention most was...you're getting your Master's degree. Go you!