Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday #2

I've always liked the game, "word association." You know, where you say a word and then the other person says the first thing that comes to mind. For example, I say "peanut" you say "butter." I say "apple" you say "orange." So, I thought, I'd try it on this week's "Thankful Thursday." The word is THANKFUL...

Thankful............(response).............In all things!

I Thessalonians 5:18

You see, one thing I've learned over the past several years is to be thankful, NO MATTER WHAT! At first, the concept was hard to understand and even harder to apply. But with time, it has become second nature. And you know what? I've been blessed again and again because of it! Thank you Jesus for where I am right now in my life.


Thankful........(response)........for my parents... who made me take piano lessons starting the summer before my 2nd grade year, until I was a senior in high school. And if that wasn't enough, I HAD to get up bright and early EVERY morning to practice 30 minutes before school and then AGAIN 30 minutes after a long day at school. UGH! I remember it like it was yesterday, but the persistence paid off and I am forever thankful Mom and Dad!


Thankful........(response)........for a dependable vehicle, which warms up quickly when it's a blistering -0 degrees out, with north winds blowing at 10-15 mph.



Thankful........(response)........SPRAY-N-WASH...

for when my 14 yr. old wears his BRAND new, never worn, white t-shirt, (UNDER something mind you), yet still finds a way to get spaghetti sauce all over it. A mother's work is TRULY never done!


For these things Lord, for all things and in all things I give YOU the glory!

In His Name,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post! I love it, so true we need to be thankful for so many things...I am thankful for having a roof over my head. Sometimes I get preoccupied with the fact that my home is too small, but I have to remember to be thankful we have a home!

((HUGS))