Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Memory Monday #3

I chose this verse in Psalms to commence my week long celebration of LIFE and the right to life!

Week #3 verse:

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalms 139:13


Amazing, simply amazing! I am made by God! His hands created me. I've been touched by the Master's hands {{catching breath}} THAT in itself is the most exciting ever! He knew me and was watching over me even before anyone else knew I existed. I'm feeling especially special right now...like warm and fuzzy all over! And guess what? YOU were made by him too! A pretty awesome feeling to know that we are all amazing works of art in God's own gallery, don't you think?

Yet, sadly enough, there are many...many...people who are literally terminating God's handiwork. Why you ask?
  • 1% of all abortions occur because of rape or incest
  • 6% of abortions occur because of potential health problems regarding either the mother or child
  • 93% of all abortions occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient).
{{{Shaking head in disgust!}}} INCONVENIENT; not suited to your comfort, purpose or needs? It "should" be inconvenient not to have a vehicle in today's society, NOT killing an innocent life because it's awkward, cumbersome, disaccommodating, disadvantageous, embarrassing, inopportune, objectionable, troublesome, uncomfortable, and unseasonable????? Ugh!

Two precious lives. Two beating hearts. Two people worth protecting. Why can't we love them both? BOTH lives "should" count! If you're on a one-man raft in the middle of the ocean, would it be okay to throw the other overboard to save your own life? Every effort, no matter the situation, should be made to save the lives of both the mother and the child!

Please know, I am in NO way, judging those that h
ave had an abortion. I merely want to expose abortion for what it is, taking the life of an innocent child and to let women of all ages know there is hope! We are all God's children. He loves us unconditionally, no matter what we've done. If you are reading this post and have had an abortion, remember God loves you and is willing to forgive you. He is a merciful God and is waiting for you. Remember you were once touched by His hand's, you too are His creation!

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Psalms 139:13


1 comment:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Great job on your verse!

Joanne